November 2021 - California Medical Equipment

Monthly Archives: November 2021

Adverse Effects of Cold On Heart

Cold exposure causes blood vessels to constrict and increase blood pressure, heart rate, and heart muscle work. The combination of cold and exertion puts the cardiovascular system under even more strain. Cold temperatures are linked to an increased risk of myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac mortality, as well as increased heart symptoms (angina, arrhythmias). When […]

You Should Always Be Concerned About Lowering Your Cholesterol Levels

Cholesterol is a naturally occurring chemical produced by the body. The liver produces the majority of the cholesterol in our circulation (75%), with the remaining 25% coming from the foods we eat. We all know that high blood cholesterol levels are bad for your health, yet the proper amounts of cholesterol are essential for maintaining […]

Heart Palpitations: Possible Causes

Heart palpitations are characterized by a sense of the heart fluttering, hammering, or skipping beats. When people have heart palpitations, they are often terrified. The good news is that the majority of causes of heart palpitations are minor and do not require treatment. If you know what causes heart palpitations, you can take action. Get […]

Angina Can Be a Warning Sign That You Could Be At Risk of a Heart Attack

Angina, also known as angina pectoris, is a discomfort or pain that happens when the blood flow to the heart muscle is reduced due to a coronary artery constriction. Angina is pain, pressure, or discomfort in the chest, back, neck, shoulders, arms (particularly the left arm), or jaw. Increased activity or emotional stress are the […]

Is Your Heart Different If you’re Shorter?

According to the researchers, every 2.5 inches of height difference raises a person’s risk of heart disease by roughly 13.5 percent. According to the researchers, this indicates that a 5-foot-tall individual has a 32% greater risk of heart disease than a 5-foot-6-inch tall person. An in-depth genetic examination of over 18,000 people discovered several genes […]

Some Myths about the Heart

It’s natural to have questions about the functioning of your heart. You might wonder if it beats correctly, whether it occasionally beats too slowly or too quickly. However, there are several misconceptions about heart health that need to be clarified. Let’s debunk some of these myths. Myths Myth 1: A regular heart rate falls between […]