The most prevalent health risk you’ll face this winter is cold weather, yet many people think of it in terms of hypothermia or frostbite. However, a reduction in temperature might have unanticipated consequences for your health, particularly your heart. If you want to get AED or any specific AED like AED plus or defib tech, you can quickly get online. Many companies also offer packages such as AED for business, AED for organizations, etc.
Why Is It So?
The key risk factor is biological: when blood arteries contract, blood pressure rises, raising the risk of heart attack and stroke. Angina, caused by coronary heart disease, can intensify in the winter because coronary arteries contract due to the cold. Furthermore, your heart has to work more to maintain a healthy body temperature, which is made more difficult because winter wind causes the body to lose heat more quickly. Hypothermia can harm the heart muscle if your body temperature goes below 95 degrees.
How to Prevent It?
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Wear caps, gloves, and thick socks in addition to layers.
- Come in often. If you’re spending a lot of time outside in the cold, take pauses to warm up.
- Excessive alcohol consumption should be avoided. Because alcohol makes you feel warmer than you are, it’s especially harmful when you’re outside in the cold.
- Do not shovel for an extended amount of time. You should also check with your doctor to see if shoveling is safe for you.
- Hands should be washed often. Infections in the lungs might raise the risk of a heart attack.
- Seek assistance. If you’re experiencing new symptoms of a cardiac problem, seek medical attention right away, even if it’s a holiday.
Get yourself an AED in California right now. You can check out Calmed equipment if you’re looking for an AED to buy. They offer a wide range of AED equipment as well. You can buy a defibrillator which suits your needs.