Cerebrovascular Accident Or “Brain Attack” - California Medical Equipment

Cerebrovascular Accident Or “Brain Attack”

The sudden death of brain cells due to lack of oxygen and nutrients when the blood flow to the brain is harmed by blockage of an artery to the brain. A CVA or “brain attack” is also referred to as a stroke. This situation can also lead to cardiac arrest, to prevent these unpleasant situations you should have AED all the time. Many stores and online websites offer AEDs like Defibtech, AED plus or they also offer different AED packages like AED for business, AED for school, etc.

What Should We Know About Hemorrhagic Stroke?

About 13% of all strokes are hemorrhagic strokes, the other 87% are ischemic strokes. A hemorrhagic stroke is also called an (ICH) intracerebral hemorrhage. In this type of stroke a brain artery leaks or breaks, this leakage of blood puts too much pressure on the brain cells which causes the damage.

There are two types of hemorrhagic stroke.

  • Intracerebral hemorrhage: It is a common type of ICH. It occurs when an artery in the brain bursts or leaks.
  • Subarachnoid hemorrhage: It refers to bleeding in the area between the brain and the thin tissues that cover it. It is less common than the ICH.

Symptoms And Causes.

  • total or limited loss of consciousness.
  • nausea
  • vomiting.
  • sudden and severe headache.
  • weakness or numbness in the face, leg, or arm on one side of the body.
  • seizures.
  • dizziness.
  • loss of balance.
  • problems with speech or swallowing.
  • confusion or disorientation.
  • Its most common cause is an aneurysm.
  • Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is also a rare cause of a hemorrhagic stroke.

Get yourself an AED in California right now. You can check out Calmed equipment if you’re looking for an AED to buy, they offer a wide range of AED equipment as well. You can buy a defibrillator which suits your needs.